Where am I now? Lawlink > Lawlink Home > Copyright, Disclaimer and Linking Policy
Copyright, Disclaimer and Linking Policy
Judicial Decisions and court forms
Additional disclaimer for Judicial Decisions
This website contains information, data, documents, pages and images (“the Material”) prepared by the Department of Attorney General and Justice. The Material is subject to copyright under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), and is owned by the State of New South Wales through the Department Attorney General and Justice.
The Department of Attorney General and Justice encourages the availability, dissemination and exchange of public information. You may copy, distribute, display, download and otherwise freely deal with the Material for any purpose, on the condition that you include the copyright notice “© State of New South Wales through the Department of Attorney General and Justice” on all uses.
You must, however, obtain permission from the Department of Attorney General and Justice if you wish to:
To ask for permission, please contact the Community Relations Unit.
- charge others for access to the work (other than at cost)
- include all or part of the work in advertising or in a product for sale, or
- modify the work
This copyright statement applies to all Lawlink Agencies, other than the Crown Solicitor’s Office. It does not, however, apply to court transcripts, which may not be reproduced or copied without the permission of the Department of Attorney General and Justice.
This copyright statement does not apply to any third party works appearing in the Material.
Judicial Decisions and court forms
Judicial decisions and court forms (including the Uniform Civil Procedure forms) may be reproduced without infringing Crown copyright, subject to the following conditions:
Any enquiries regarding the copyright of judicial decisions should be referred to the originating jurisdiction. Contact NSW Caselaw for details.
- copyright continues to reside in the Crown;
- the state reserves the right at any time to revoke, vary or withdraw the authorisation;
- the publication of the material must not purport to be the official version;
- the notice does not allow the reproduction of any headnote or summary, footnotes, comments, case lists, cross-references or other editorial material prepared by or for the Council of Law Reporting or other law report agency without the further authority of the Council or agency.
- the arms of the state must not be used in connection with the publication unless authorisation is provided;
- the publication of material is required to be accurately reproduced in proper context and to be of an appropriate standard.
The Government has published a notice authorising certain uses of legislative material. The notice is available at www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/copyleg_2001.pdf .
The Material includes registered trademarks and trademarks that are the subject of pending applications or which are otherwise protected by law including, but not limited to the words Department of Attorney General and Justice and the Department of Attorney General and Justice logo.
Unless otherwise indicated, the trademarks are owned by the Department of Attorney General and Justice NSW and may be the subject of rights in other countries. You may use the trademarks as permitted by the above copyright notice or otherwise with permission from the Department of Attorney General and Justice. Contact the Community Relations Unit to obtain such permission.
While the Material contained in this Website has been formulated with all due care, the State of New South Wales does not warrant or represent that the Material is free from errors or omission, or that it is exhaustive.
The State of NSW disclaims, to the extent permitted by law, all warranties, representations or endorsements, express or implied, with regard to the Material including but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
The State of NSW further does not warrant or accept any liability in relation to the quality, operability or accuracy of the Material .
The Material is made available on the understanding that the State of New South Wales and its employees and agents shall have no liability (including but not limited to liability by reason of negligence) to the users of the Website for any loss, damage, cost or expense whether direct, indirect consequential or special, incurred by, or arising by reason of, any person using or relying on the Material and whether caused by reason of any error, omission or misrepresentation in the Material or otherwise. Users of the Website will be responsible for making their own assessment of the Material and should verify all relevant representations, statements and information with their own professional advisers.
Furthermore, whilst the Material is considered to be true and correct at the date of publication, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact upon the accuracy of the Material. The Material may change without notice and the State of New South Wales is not in any way liable for the accuracy of any information printed and stored by a user. Changes are periodically added to the Material and the Department may make improvements and/or changes in the Material and/or the Website at anytime.
The State of New South Wales takes no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of any information included in the Material provided by third parties nor for the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of links or references to information sources (including Internet sites) outside of the Department. In addition to the Material, the Website provides links to and from other Internet sites. These external information sources are outside the control of the Department and it is therefore the responsibility of the Internet users to make their own decisions about the accuracy, reliability and correctness of information found on those external Internet links.
The search engines provided on this website are to assist Internet users to locate resources more quickly. However, the Department takes no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of its search facilities, and does not warrant or represent that the search facilities are free from errors or omission, or that they are exhaustive.
The internet is not a secure medium and communications to and from the website may be intercepted or altered in transit. The Department does not warrant or represent that this website or any linked sites, are free from anything which may damage any computer used to access the site.
Additional disclaimer for Judicial Decisions
Every effort has been made to comply with suppression orders or statutory provisions prohibiting publication that may apply to this judgment or decision. The onus remains on any person using material in the judgment or decision to ensure that the intended use of that material does not breach any such order or provision. Further enquiries may be directed to the Registry of the Court or Tribunal in which it was generated.
Subject to certain conditions, a credible website may link to pages within our Website. Please observe the following conditions of linking to our Website:
In addition, the originating site must not contain the following:
- Links must be presented in a way which fairly represents the Department of Attorney General and Justice's role and our site(s). They must not embarrass the Department.
- The context in which a link is inserted must not give the impression that the external site is sponsored or endorsed by the Department of Attorney General and Justice.
- The content of the link must not suggest that the Department of Attorney General and Justice has created any of the originating site's content. That is the source material must be clear and acknowledgement of the Website clearly provided.
- You must never reproduce any logos of the Department of Attorney General and Justice, or any other government agency or department, appearing on the Website without our express approval.
Where this Website provides links to other websites, it does so for convenience and information purposes only. Following links to other websites is entirely at your own risk. The Department of Attorney General and Justice has not verified the content of any other websites and is not responsible or liable for any losses, damages or expenses in connection with linking to external sites.
- Illegal, sexually explicit, pornographic, or otherwise offensive or distasteful material.
- Content promoting gaming, wagering or betting sites.
- Instructions on the manufacture and/or use of illegal drugs, or other dangerous material.
- Material that promotes harassment, hatred or discrimination based on age, race, religion, gender, sexual preference or any other factor.
- Defamatory, disparaging, abusive, threatening or offensive messages (whether aimed at the Department of Attorney General and Justice or a third party).
- False or misleading information about the Department of Attorney General and Justice.
The inclusion of any link on this Website does not imply any endorsement or approval of the linked website or its content by the Department of Attorney General and Justice. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, the Department provides no guarantee about the quality or appropriateness of any products or services available through any third party website.
If you find a broken link on the website, please email email@example.com.
The Department also provides links to other websites within Lawlink. In general, the Department will only provide links to other government websites, and websites of national and international bodies or organisations containing credible information on similar issues as those contained within Lawlink. The Department does not provide links to commercial websites.
If you are offended or upset by any material that appears on an Internet website, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA), who will then investigate the complaint and take such action as it thinks fit. If you would like to know more about the ACMA's role in regulating Australian Internet content, you can visit its website at www.acma.gov.au